Search

Monday, January 6, 2014

2013 - Best Book of the Year


         My most favorite book of 2013 is not one book but the series The Hunger Games written by Suzanne Collins.  When I was sick these books were my friends.  They comforted me when people couldn’t. I could not get up because I was so exhausted but I lived in the world of District 12 with Katniss and her sister Prim.  Then the excitement and drama of the Hunger Games in the first book with Katniss and Peeta and how they survive by sticking together and helping each other. It does not matter how many times I have read this book, I love it every single time.  I love the characters and watching them develop in a matter of hours. I love the description of the worlds they live in, so intricate and more interesting every time you reread it.  I love that the characters are all different personalities but show strength in standing up to a bad government and evil leaders.  I love that Katniss and Gale are such real and organic characters that truly are themselves.  I like that Katniss believes in what she believes and doesn’t let anyone tell her otherwise. Katniss can get caught up in situations where even if it endangers herself she will fight and protect the ones she loves.  The first novel is an incredible start to the series where Suzanne Collins so perfectly explains life in the districts compared to life in the capitol. She so clearly represents each character in their actions and words. Suzanne Collins also began the love triangle between Katniss, Gale and Peeta as Katniss and Peeta are sent into the hunger games. The second book continues the story and so carefully builds on the story and goes into more detail about everything from the war in Panem to Katniss and Peeta. Not to mention the most shocking ending that makes you want to pick up the third book seconds later. The third book finally completes the story with a bang as Suzanne Collins begins to form district 13 and the war in Panem has begun. You must read these books if you like to be transported to a different world altogether and meet amazing people who do amazing things because not many authors can create such an amazing and clear new world that makes you want to revisit these books over and over again.

No comments:

Post a Comment